Cheesy Veg and Quinoa Bake
Prepping your meals can be a real time saver! Whether its main meals or snacks, it’s never a bad thing to have a lunchbox in the fridge or freezer to grab and go! Meal prep doesn’t have to be fancy food and it doesn’t have to be time consuming. As long as you aim to keep your meals balanced, they’re going to be very helpful in regards to fuelling your body. Not only can meal prep save time, but its convenient, cost effective and may help reduce food waste! So it’s a win win really.
To help inspire you, I have shared a few favourite recipes of mine that are great for making and taking on the go – and don’t worry, they’re super easy to whip up too!
Cheesy veg and quinoa bake
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely (I buy already chopped frozen)
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 100g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tin (400g) mixed beans in chilli sauce
- 1 tin (400g) chickpeas, drained
- 180g (approx 1 cup) quinoa
- 1 tin (400g) tinned tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 200ml veggie stock
- 60g cheese, grated ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and add the onions.
- Cook on a high heat for a few mins then add the chopped pepper.
- Cook for a few more mins until the onions are cooked and then add the beans, tomatoes & chickpeas.
- Add the veggie stock, quinoa & spices then lower the heat and leave to simmer for 25 mins until the quinoa is cooked.
- Add in the broccoli then transfer to a big oven safe dish. Top with cheese and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins (180 degrees Celsius).
Don't forget to check out Sophie's other meal prep recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and desert in the healthy recipe section!!
About the Author
Sophie Bertrand - Registered Associate Nutritionist ANutr
As a qualified nutritionist, Sophie works with clients at the Rhitrition Clinic on Harley St to help them achieve their nutrition related goals in a safe environment. Sophie is also a host of the podcast @forkingwellness and author of the website Sophieshealthykitchen.com. You can find Sophie on the details below